This recipe is awesome for those mornings when you just know you’re not going to have any time at all to make breakfast. Plus, if you’re a peanut butter cup fan like myself, this will be your new go-to. It’s all the goodness minus the sugar bomb. Oh, and did I mention this is super portable and you can totally eat it in the car on your way to work or school? Yeahhhh.
This recipe is made with no sweetener because it really doesn’t need it. BUT, if you think it absolutely needs sweetener, then you could always add honey or stevia.
Uses for this recipe:
- quick grab and go on the way to class or work
- fun breakfast for your kids to try
- beat your sweet cravings for chocolate peanut butter cups without sugar 🙂
Peanut Butter Cup Overnight Oats
Mix this up the night before and pop it in the fridge in a covered container (I like mason jars, because cute) and its ready to grab in the A.M.
- 1/2 cup whole rolled or steel cut oats you can use gluten-free oats too
- 2 tsp natural peanut butter or any natural nut butter
- 1 tsp 100% cocoa powder
- 1-2 tsp shredded unsweetened coconut optional, but it's GOOD
- 1 tsp ground flax meal
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup milk of choice I like unsweetened almond milk
- dash sea salt
- 1/2 banana to top it in the morning
Blend all ingredients except the banana the night before in a jar or bowl that can be covered. pop it in the fridge and let it sit overnight.
In the morning, top it with banana, cocoa nibs, more shredded coconut, or whatever you prefer!